Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween & Costume Arsenal

For Halloween, I was Little Red Riding Hood.  Unfortunately, we were in a rush due to already being late and Peter & I never took photos of our costumes.  I also couldn't find my little camera, so I didn't take any photos at all on Halloween!  That's a first for me.  I must certainly be getting old.  The LRRH costume was pretty impromptu.  I was debating all day on a back-up costume just in case my original costume didn't come in on time.  I searched through the mall, Wal*Mart, & Target.  I knew I didn't want to spend more than $10 & I so LRRH it was.

  • Red Fabric - $2.75
  • Basket - $3.00
  • Knee High Socks - $2.00
It was 8PM by the time I got home (I waited for the mailman & took a nap to sleep off the remaining alcohol from the night before).  I had less than 2 hours to get my costume together!  I actually SEWED my cape/hood.  Albeit, it was a really crappy sew job, but I was in a rush!  Most people couldn't tell I sewed it myself anyway.  Lol.  I covered my basket with 'spider webs' and filled it with candy rather than breakfast for grandma.


Overall, it was a success!  I really loved my knee high socks.  I loved rocking them in middle school and I'll be getting more soon!  Peter decided to be Allen from "The Hangover."  We could've got a baby carrier & the baby and all that, but again, no time!  Once we were ready we headed over to a party.  Parties these days seem so lame compared to the ragers back when I was in college.  We were one of the oldest ones there and it was a bit strange, but whatever, I had fun.  After the party we ended up eating at Taco Rapidos, which was awesome!


 It was a great night overall.  Glad I wasn't hanging at all the following day.  Thanks to daylight savings, we got an extra hour of sleep!  I was originally going to be a race car driver/danica patrick.  I'll just save that costume for an upcoming year or some kind of party.


Wet Seal currently has a deal for additional 50% off on Halloween items.  A lot of the costumes were already marked down so w/ the additional 50 off, they were a steal!  When they say that Halloween is an excuse to dress like a slut, I am indeed guilty.  I like 'slutting it up' every so often ;)  I'll be set for the next 4 years of Halloween!  Photos of my purchases below.  
  1. Original costume - Race car driver, Danica Patrick 
  2. Beer Wench - would make a great Gretel costume or fun to wear on St. Patrick's Day
  3. Sailor - originally $80! got it for $10.  it's a steal! 
  4. French Maid - back-up costume







No comments: