Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Black Friday Deals

I'm not much of a shopper, but I do love getting deals anytime I can find them.  I'm currently checking out some of the Black Friday ads from various stores.  Currently looking at the Target ad and it's looking promising.  There's a few items there that I'm interested in/making a note of:
  • $3.99 - DVD Movies: Kung Fu Panda, Nights in Rodanthe, Dark Knight, Madagascar 2 ($5.99)
  • $12.99 - TV Seasons:  House, Supernatural, One Tree Hill, Friends
  • $10 - $17 Board Games:  Balderdash, Catch Phrase, Scattergories, & Taboo
    • Make this deal sweeter with a $5 off coupon on Hasbro games
  • Appliances - $19 Griddle, $3 Coffee Maker, $3 Sandwich Maker
  • Electronics - $149.99 Sony Blu Ray player w/ $20 GC + $10 GC on purchases over $100. $119.00 for player.  Not too bad.
I'm hoping the DVD deals & board games will be live online so I can get them via website instead.  Then I'll have to decide if it's worth getting up early in the morning to snatch up those other deals.  I've been wanting a coffee maker.  Haha.  The griddle would be a good present for Peter as well.  GREAT for breakfast! My bro was also in the market for a Blu Ray player soo, for $119 that's pretty good.


I'm currently watching "Ngayon Nandito Ka."  It's one of my favorite movies.  I really have a soft part in heart for sappy filipino movies.  Haha.  This movie brings back so many memories and flashbacks in the Philippines.  I really love it there... Although I didn't grow up there, I spent a good deal of my childhood there and a lot of good summers during high school.  Watching all these filipino shows and movies also helped me to relearn the language and appreciate my culture more.  


Man, I really miss the Philippines.  I haven't been there for over 3 years.  I love it there.  I love the simplicity.  I love living in the countryside.  I love the silence of the night.  One day.. I'll go back!

No comments: