Saturday, May 16, 2009

Losing Sensation

Its been a stressful few weeks/months to say the least.  I need to start creating an outlet for my thoughts once again.  So here I am... taking a break from my photoblog.  Why I chose this username is not depressing as it seems.  Explanation to come.

Current thought: I'm losing sensation in my right hand.  I have what you call a typical 'Boxer's Fracture.'  Yes, self-diagnosed, but its obvious. Now this scares me and I am fully aware it is imperative I see the doctor and I intend to once I get paid.  Oh the woes of not having health insurance-- a great benefit I always took for granted up until I graduated college! My hand seems to have gotten a little better ever since I've sat up, but if i try to lift up my hand, my pinky and ring finger start shaking.  Crazy.  I can foresee having to rebreak my hand (sober!!!) and having a cast or splint in the near future.  Oh boy.

I've never broken a bone in my life.  Never needed to see the doctor other than being 'cough cough' sick.  Now, the functional abilities of my right hand are limited.  It's still bruised, still a little swollen, & slowly becoming more bothersome.  Damnit what am I going to tell my mother?  I think I'll blame this on..... skateboarding.  Yes, thats it.  She'll probably have a heart attack if she ever found out the truth behind me breaking two knuckles & then some.

My mother is still recovering and I can't bare to burden her with the stupidity and lack of rational I displayed last week.  They say it takes about 5-6 weeks for an injury like this to heal... errr. Guess I'll have to face my mom with it whether I like it or not, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there :)

As far as today goes, I'm in awe at the amount of "chatting" I did.  The IM's just never stopped.  It was the strangest thing, but I must say, I was very amused with every conversation.  Many quote worthy comments were made... To all those friends, thank you for brightening up my day :)  Although my hand paid the price, I enjoyed myself!  

No comments: