Monday, September 14, 2009

News For Today

I've been catching up on world news for the past couple of days.  It's been a while since I've read more than a handful of articles.  New's hasn't changed much though.  The stories are still disturbing, saddening, & heartbreaking.  So many people have been displaced.  So many are fighting wars as we sit here in the comfort of our own homes-- a luxury the masses would die to have. Hmm.. What can we do about it?  That's probably a good thing to ponder.  I truly applaud those who are out there actually making a difference in people's lives. Just a few stories I've read recently:


Some of these stories are so backwards.  They simply make no sense.  A man who organizes a giveaway of flour at his compound to HELP the poor is ARRESTED because he didn't notify the authorities.  I guess good deeds come at a price these days?  A pregnant 15 year old get's shot in the head intentionally.  A good Christian man is killed on his way to his wedding.  A Yale graduate student, who was to be married YESTERDAY, was most likely murdered and stuffed into the walls at her University.

And yes, Kanye West, you are an ass.  You have officially won the Douchebag of the Year award!  In your own words, "How could you be so heartless?"  Poor Taylor.  It was HER moment.  She's completely undeserving of your lack of respect  & self-righteousness.  I hope you feel the backlash of your actions.

Perhaps I should just stop reading the news for a little bit.  I just get really upset at times.

No comments: